Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Pics


A bilboard I saw the day I took 5 months off to work with Kiva. Yes. I am in!


WITEP's loan officers - Alex (L) and Robbins (R). Robbins is a roomate. We're hiking Wanale mountain about a half hour outside of Mbale.


At Sipi Falls (about an hour from Mbale) with a few friends.


This one is for mom. The kids here are so damn cute. (Sipi Falls)


Hiking with both roomates, Ali and Robbins, at Wanale.






The chaos that is Kampala (Capital of Uganda)






Roomate Ali in a waterfall, hiking near town






First time grocery shopping (notice chicken), standing at our house in front of our porch, where we spend 99% of our time.






Moses, the guy with HIV I wrote about, in his villages with some of his children.

























A loan applicant in his village with SOME of his children.





























A loan applicant (tailor) in his village.

























This is how he gets his antique (at least 50 pound) sewing machine to markets up over 15 km away.






























A single mother and and some of her children in front of a house the extension that will triple the size of their house. (Currently ~300 square feet for 8 people)












Janet (the head of WITEP) with a chicken we were given. (All I heard when we were given the chicken was "my, my! what a big cock!)

No comments: